auctex

Re: TeX-command-run-all (C-c C-a) doesn't run to generate Table of Conte

From: Pieter van Oostrum
Subject: Re: TeX-command-run-all (C-c C-a) doesn't run to generate Table of Contents
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 12:36:01 +0100

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Pieter,
> [snip]
> I'm attaching the complete (longish) function below.  Can you give it a
> try?  Ideally, you hit C-c C-a once so that tex-buf.el is loaded, then
> eval my version, enter \tableofcontents in your .tex file and hit C-c
> C-a again.

Thanks. It works.

>> And yes, I know that the problem can be solved by using LatexMk.
>
> C'mon 😉

There are still cases in which you would need LatexMk to manage reruns, for
example when your document has added new sections. But that would in fact
require the functionality of LatexMk to be built in into AUCTeX.

--
Pieter van Oostrum <pieter@vanoostrum.org>
www: http://pieter.vanoostrum.org/