auctex

The strange shortcut key binding `Ctrl + ;` in Gnome. (Was: (Un)comment

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: The strange shortcut key binding `Ctrl + ;` in Gnome. (Was: (Un)comment line(s) with markers at arbitrary position(s) in this/these line.)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 07:45:19 +0800

On Tue, May 9, 2023 at 7:54 AM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Very strange: even I've closed the copyq and other clipboard tools, I
> > > still can see the same stuff in vscode when hitting `Ctrl + ;`.
> >
> > I cannot follow.
>
> Even under terminal/console, when I'm hitting `Ctrl + ;`, the behavior
> in the attached screenshot will be triggered. I don't know which
> specific configuration of which program in which location triggered
> this.

I figured it out. It is the clipboard access hotkey defined by fcitx,
as explained here [1]. See the attachment for more details. Please
also refer to the relevant discussion here [2].

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/fcitx#Clipboard_Access
[2]
https://discourse.gnome.org/t/the-strange-shortcut-key-binding-ctrl-in-gnome/15285/5?u=hongyi-zhao

Best,