auctex

Fontification of $ sign

From: Jean Eid
Subject: Fontification of $ sign
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 16:28:43 -0400

Hello all,

Anyway to turn off the fontification of math within $ signs? I know I can change the color  to white but that is not what I want,  I would like to  turn it right off.

The reason is that I use polymode with auctex and ess and when I have an inline R _expression_ with a dollar sign like so :

    the average salary is $\bar x=\Rexpr{mean(mydata$salary}}$

the $ fontification  bleed out. I tried adding Rexpr to LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces but it did not work . Note that  polymode recognizes the _expression_  "mean(mydata$salary}"  is an R-mode and not latex mode _expression_.

I tried few other things but none really work and I think the best thing for me to do is to turn off the fontification of text within $ signs (and maybe just fontify the $ signs themselves). However, I have not found a way to turn off the fontification (I do not just want to change the font color)

Thanks in advance

Jean