automake-ng

Re: [Automake-NG] Trying to build automake on MSWindows MSYS

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: [Automake-NG] Trying to build automake on MSWindows MSYS
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:48:25 +0200

Stefano Lattarini a écrit :
On 04/26/2013 06:36 AM, Vincent Belaïche wrote:
Hello,

Most of it is in the email subject.

Nit: this is the wrong mailing list for such a question; you should
write to address@hidden for questions regarding mainline automake.
The address@hidden list is reserved to speak about the developement
of Automake-NG, a (currently quiescent) Automake fork that only targets
GNU make.

What I get is the following after launching autoconf:

configure.ac:24: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_SILENT_RULES
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:42: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.ac:80: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_RUN_LOG
configure.ac:347: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_SUBST_NOTMAKE

You haven't run aclocal.  Refer to the automake manual for more details.
If is the first time you are using the autotools, this excellent introduction
might help: <http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~adl/autotools.html>

HTH,
  Stefano
VBR,
   Vincent.

Thank you for your kind help --- yes I am a newbie, and that explains the naive question.

VBR,
   Vincent.