autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] potential topics for a "Make for Autonomy"

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] potential topics for a "Make for Autonomy"
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 06:53:11 -0500

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

>     > 3) What's the best setup for hosting my pictures autonomously? (not
>     > just technical- what social hacks will get your facebook-addicted
>     > family to actually see self-hosted pictures once you post them?) (The
>     > more philosophically inclined could do a separate post to riff off
>     > this on the ethics of reposting from identica/gallery to facebook.)
>
> What about that mediagoblin coming soon cwebber? Good to have a blog
> post about this when the release comes :)

I keep trying to not talk about it until April 30th and keep failing to
do so (like now when I'm replying to this mail).  But yes, we're trying
to tackle this with mediagoblin.  Real announcement April 30th.  (Right
now I'm trying to put down enough code infrastructure to properly define
product vision / reduce bikeshedding about basic ideas / make it easier
for people to get started before we make a call for contributors.)

Real announcement in < 2 weeks!  Stay tuned!

--
𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓐𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓦𝓮𝓫𝓫𝓮𝓻