autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 16:39:38 -0400

On 05/02/11 16:34, MJ Ray wrote:
> Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I've already talked about it a bit on here anyway, but I'm excited to
>> say that we've officially announced GNU MediaGoblin:
>> http://mediagoblin.org/2011/05/gnu-mediagoblin-free-and-decentralized-media-sharing-in-development/
>
> A quick summary of MediaGoblin would probably make this sort of mail
> more encouraging to those of us who don't remember hearing of it.

WHAT IS GNU MEDIAGOBLIN?

Initially, a place to store all your photos and artwork that’s as
awesome as, if not more awesome than, existing network services (Flickr,
DeviantArt, SmugMug, Picasa, etc)

Later, a place for all sorts of media, such as video, music, etc hosting.

Federated with OStatus!

Customizable!

A place for people to collaborate and show off original and derived
creations

Free, as in freedom. We’re a GNU project in the making, afterall.