autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced

From: Jon Spriggs
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 09:21:49 +0100

2011/5/4 Hubert Figuière <address@hidden>:
> On 11-05-02 11:07 AM, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
>>
>> I've already talked about it a bit on here anyway, but I'm excited to
>> say that we've officially announced GNU MediaGoblin:
>>

>> http://mediagoblin.org/2011/05/gnu-mediagoblin-free-and-decentralized-media-sharing-in-development/
>>
>> Over the last month we've been putting down basic infrastructure.
>> There's not really a working site yet, but I think things are going in a
>> direction I'm fairly confident in now.
>
> So I can scrap that draft email I had pending.... where basically I was
> thinking of a distributed hosting to provide a feature set at least
> equivalent to Flickr (for example).
>
> Which lead to the question:
>
> - will it be federated?
> - will it allow "pools" of content accros the various nodes in the federated
> network?
>
> Just for starter.
>
> I have also a god set of requirements (in mind) for the photo side.
>
> Hub

I did a bit of digging around when I saw this, as I'm quite interested
in moving to the Autonomous lifestyle, and the initial post gave
absolutely no details away. It looks like the instance-to-instance
comms will all be achieved by using oStatus, and thus will be
federated.

As StatusNet supports groups, I can't see any reason why creating a
group, and inviting people to contribute to that group wouldn't work.

Really looking forward to seeing some code I can use.
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs