autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced

From: Hubert Figuière
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 08:53:56 -0700

On 11-05-04 6:15 AM, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
>  - will it allow "pools" of content accros the various nodes in the
>     federated network?
Hm, I'm not sure what this means.

Flickr has group that contains a pool of photo. Today, if you want to add your picture to that pool, you have to have an account on Flickr and had your picture uploaded to Flickr.

What I mean is that I want the system to be able to add your picture to a photo pool (or whatever they will be called) without limitation of which server the pool is on and which server the picture are on.

For example , the person who created the pool is on "myawesomephoto" and want you to add picture from the Terrific Event 2012. But you are just using "localphotohosting". Both being federated in the grand scheme of things with MediaGoblin, this should be possible.

It might just be a matter of wrapping around OStatus groups.

Cheers,

Hub