autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] Web app stores

From: Clint Adams
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] Web app stores
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 16:00:28 +0000

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 08:08:59AM -0700, Luis Villa wrote:
> * You actually get the code that the developer intended you to get-
> it's updated regularly and reliably and it is better-tested. (Debian
> and Fedora rarely add value.)

What they add is integration with the rest of your system.  As
others point out, that is not an issue on Android because Android
is a giant mess where nothing integrates.

On a system where GNU is not completely marginalized, what does
an app store get me except a bunch of useless bling and components
which haven't been tested with each other?