autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] 4 years

From: Deb Nicholson
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] 4 years
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 15:48:29 -0400

In slightly less than 2 months it'll be 4 years since publication of
http://autonomo.us/2008/07/franklin-street-statement/

Lots has happened since. I think it's time for a critical
[re]evaluation of the FSS, rather than accepting the default
evaluation of total irrelevance.

+1

Anyone up for writing an essay, or merely a blog post (no difference
anyway) with your thoughts on FSS and the world? I am. I think it'd be
great if at least a majority of people who contributed to the FSS, and
some others, wrote posts, which could be published as some kind of
collection at the anniversary.

I would be willing to write (or collaborate to write) a short bit on "a layperson's guide to what tools have been built and what needs building." I think that piece would be the most impactful if it were accompanied by a more technical update on the most needful bits and how interested & tech-savvy folks could get involved.

Secondly, autonomo.us the website is also a bit of an embarrassment.
No link to source, no link to FSS, no link to this list, search
broken. I volunteer to migrate back to wordpress on a VM I'm paying if
nobody else is going to do something about it. How about that, whoever
is currently not managing the site?

+1

Thanks for the nudge,
Deb