autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] 4 years

From: Benj. Mako Hill
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] 4 years
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 00:52:15 -0400

<quote who="Mike Linksvayer" date="Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:28:38AM -0700">
> In slightly less than 2 months it'll be 4 years since publication of
> http://autonomo.us/2008/07/franklin-street-statement/
>
> Lots has happened since. I think it's time for a critical
> [re]evaluation of the FSS, rather than accepting the default
> evaluation of total irrelevance.
>
> Anyone up for writing an essay, or merely a blog post (no difference
> anyway) with your thoughts on FSS and the world? I am. I think it'd be
> great if at least a majority of people who contributed to the FSS, and
> some others, wrote posts, which could be published as some kind of
> collection at the anniversary.

I'm down, and I'll do it.

> Secondly, autonomo.us the website is also a bit of an embarrassment.
> No link to source, no link to FSS, no link to this list, search
> broken. I volunteer to migrate back to wordpress on a VM I'm paying if
> nobody else is going to do something about it. How about that, whoever
> is currently not managing the site?

I agree. The current site isn't working. I filed a series of bugs
against the site for most of those issues but the bug tracking system
seems to be down. :)

In any case, Matt Lee has been gratiously hosting it since we migrated
it away from Word Press because the machine at MIT I was hosting it on
was actingly very unreliably and Matt had volunteered to do it
instead.

Regards,
Mako

--