autonomous-discuss

[autonomo.us] Open Software Service Definition

From: Mike Linksvayer
Subject: [autonomo.us] Open Software Service Definition
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:55:43 -0800

Some people here also participated in discussion about the OSSD around
the same time as the FSS. Both have been widely ignored since. :-/

Anyway, as
http://opendefinition.org/2012/12/17/open-definition-forges-ahead-get-involved/
notes, OSSD may be revived or deprecated next year. I hope for the
former, if only as a wedge to decrease my annoyance at "open data"
dependent on wholly non-open platforms, particularly where
government/the public is the customer. OTOH, maybe the best strategy
to decrease my annoyance is to ignore open data. It's a gamble.
Anyway, there's a mailing list on which the OSSD will be discussed if
you care to join yet another
http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/od-discuss

Mike