autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] pumped

From: rsiddharth
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] pumped
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 04:41:24 +0000

> > Yes there are broken links. AFAIK, identi.ca is after all Evan's
> > sandbox, is it not?
>
> Yeah, I guess this is a violent reminder of that: trust no free hosting,
> even if it's run by great free software types.  It sucks that free
> software supporters have to do everything ourselves to avoid these
> slaps...

But, with regard to the pumpio switch over, Evan did send out a
message asking people to set up their own (statusnet) instances, if
they wanted to be on the statusnet network.

The time between the pumpio switch over and the initial announcement
of identica's future, was long enough for folks to decide and act
what they wanted to do.

> Thanks for the reminder about GNU Social - brilliant.  Is there any way
> to migrate my identi.ca subscriptions and maybe content to it?

See if these links help:

    http://jpope.org/statusnetlinks

    http://www.skilledtests.com/wiki/List_of_Independent_Statusnet_Instances
--