autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] pumped

From: Kuno Woudt
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] pumped
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 22:47:31 +0200

On 07/13/2013 08:47 PM, MJ Ray wrote:
You see, that's what kept me on identi.ca so long: I signed up as a
test, started making links to it, then couldn't leave!  Again, I guess
it comes down to this: when you walk into somewhere, check the exits.  I
wish we didn't have to treat free software like that but we do.

I think it is worth noting that NONE of the existing social networks allow you to move an account. OStatus did not support this, obviously facebook/twitter/google+ don't support this, diaspora afaik does not support this. The tent.io people claim their protocol can do this, but I don't know if there is a working implementation of that yet.

Evan does want to implement this in pump.io [1] [2], though I don't think there is an issue for it yet in the issue tracker.

-- kuno / warp.

[1] https://e14n.com/evan/note/ZnqBGv3sSdaI3OCw2e9Wkg
[2] https://e14n.com/evan/note/4YqB0Yk4TIi_xrFgOAeF7A