autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] dropping XMPP support

From: Benj. Mako Hill
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] dropping XMPP support
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:59:55 -0400

<quote who="Mike Linksvayer" date="Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 08:21:52PM -0700">
> Google Hangouts has set a new bar for quality and convenience of
> videoconferencing, and Google Hangouts On Air for supporting a large
> live audience and recording. WebRTC based projects ought catch up with
> former soon, not sure about latter.

I think WebRTC projects are indeed caught up with the former. I've been
using using Jan Gerber's chatb.org for basic Google Hangouts
functionality for some time now and found that it works great.
pad.textb.org is similar but with etherpadlite. Both requires very
recent browsers (until recently, development releases) but great in my
experience.

Regards,
Mako

--