autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] 'Alternatives Working Group' on Loomio

From: Eric Wong
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] 'Alternatives Working Group' on Loomio
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 18:15:18 +0000

Danyl Strype <address@hidden> wrote:
> Since there seems to be some interest in Loomio from Steve, I thought
> I'd throw out an open invite to kick the tyres on a Loomio group I
> just set up. I called it Alternatives Working Group and I've invited
> in some folks I worked with for a while in IMC-Alternatives, a working
> group from various Independent Media Centres who share a passion for
> researching alternatives to corporate globalization. I figure folks
> from that group and Autonomo.us might have some interesting stuff to
> talk about :) Come and check it out!
> https://www.loomio.org/g/tcmjwlKN/alternatives-working-group

Hi, I'm new here but have long been interested in decentralization.  I
would be more open to discussion on mailing lists or other text-only
mediums (NNTP).

I've never been a fan of GUIs or web browsers.  Lately I've been forming
a theory that GUIs are harmful to our cause, especially considering the
few, powerful companies behind the major GUI browsers.  Probably better
to stop playing their game and move the world towards awareness of Free,
easily-implementable data formats and protocols...