avr-gcc-list

Re: avr-gcc-12.1.0-x64-windows new warnings ?

From: Senthil Kumar
Subject: Re: avr-gcc-12.1.0-x64-windows new warnings ?
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:16:23 +0530

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 2:28 AM Royce Pereira <roycejp@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I just tried avr-gcc 12.1.0 on an old project, and got some new warning I can't explain.

The code is:

PORTC &= 0xFE ;  //clear bit 0.

and the warning is:
warning: array subscript 0 is outside array bounds of 'volatile uint8_t[0]' {aka 'volatile unsigned char[]'} [-Warray-bounds]

What is this warning and what array is it referring to?
Presumably from the macro expansion of PORTC?
Can you paste the full command line? Also, can you add -E to the command line and share the output?

Regards
Senthil

Thank you!

--