avr-gcc-list

Testing alternatives to functions from lib1funcs.S

From: Wolfgang Hospital
Subject: Testing alternatives to functions from lib1funcs.S
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 10:08:11 +0200

 Dear all,

Is there a test scaffold for the functions from lib1funcs.S,
correctness, size&speed over the variety of 8-bit AVR cores?

Is there a more comprehensive statement of calling conventions than https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/avr-gcc#Exceptions_to_the_Calling_Convention, in particular explicitly stating which functions are guaranteed to have __zero_reg__ 0 on
entry/where it suffices to have __zero_reg__ 0 on return as opposed to preserving its value?

I've been tinkering around, the "ldi  r_cnt, 9""rjmp entry point" in __udivmodqi4 instead of "ldi  r_cnt, 8""lsl  r_arg1" annoying me for years. (Biggest relative strict improvement I found, FWIW.)

Recommendations for a platform to vent such ideas welcome (I know of stackoverflow.com).

regards

W. Hospital

--
Wolfgang Hospital