avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] delay.h not in libc HTML documentation

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] delay.h not in libc HTML documentation
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 15:17:36 +0100

As Johann Kok wrote:

> There is nothing written about avr/delay module in the libc HTML file
> that comes with winavr.  Winavr does have the delay code though.

Oh, sorry for being not clear, what I meant was that you'd go to

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=avr-libc

and file an official bug report there.  Writing something here in the
mailing list is about as risky for getting forgotten as writing in
avrfreaks.net is.

Of course, it would be even preferable if you wrote a patch for the
header file (implementing the desired documentation), and submit it
via

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=avr-libc

The documentation is built directly out of the source code, so yes,
it's really required to modify that header file in order to get these
macros documented.  Of course, the existing comment might serve well
as a base for the official documentation, you just have to bring it
into a form so the Doxygen tool will recognize it.  This is done by

/** \code #include <avr/delay.h> \endcode
*/

comments, just browse the other header files to get the idea.

Thanks for your help!