Re: [avrdude-dev] Yet another config parameter

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Yet another config parameter
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:55:56 +0100

As Brian Dean wrote:

> > happen with any other AVR though.  In particular the m128 board is
> > also externally powered.
>
> I've never had a problem entering programming mode on my M128 board.

Neither did i, it always responds at the first attempt.  It's only the
m163 board that showed an anomaly.  But it's quite possible that the
m128 has a different ISP logic internally which is more robust;
remember, starting with the m128, the datasheet talks about pulsing
/RESET, not SCK, so one could take that as an indication of hardware
changes inside the chip.  (The m128 and other modern AVRs are also
said to be more robust wrt. EMC influences.)