Re: [avrdude-dev] autoconfiscate avrdude.conf (round 2)

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] autoconfiscate avrdude.conf (round 2)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:18:23 +0100

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Here's the second round for handling avrdude.conf default ports via
> autoconf.
>
> I think this sould solve Brian failure mode:
>
>   + automake -a -c
>   automake: configure.ac: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
>   automake: configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
>   automake: configure.ac: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
>   automake: configure.ac: installing `./missing'
>   automake: Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
>   automake: configure.ac: installing `./depcomp'
>   address@hidden:/avrdude- ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
>   configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub

I now get:

% ./bootstrap
+ aclocal
+ autoheader
configure.ac:42: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
configure.ac:48: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple times
configure.ac:107: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
autoheader: `ac_cfg.h.in' is unchanged
+ autoconf
+ automake -a -c

Btw., the patch didn't apply.  Somehow, you managed it to kill the
AC_CANONICAL_HOST line that was already present before.  I had to fix
it manually.

% make
cd . && /usr/local/bin/bash /tmp/avrdude/missing --run autoheader
autoheader: `ac_cfg.h.in' is unchanged

Do you have an idea why they are using bash here?  Should not be necessary,
/bin/sh under FreeBSD has all the Posix stuff.  It would only artificially
create another dependency for the package though.

Hmm, seems

env CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh ./configure

does the trick, although i think that's a bit stupid one has to explicitly
specify it.  I guess we can live with that for the FreeBSD ports collection.