Re: [avrdude-dev] Mingw build

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Mingw build
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:29:46 +0100

[Rather starting a separate thread now.  Marc, watch out for those
"in-reply-to" or "references" headers. ;-)]

As Marc Wetzel wrote:

> Readline:  has to be installed separately in mingw. There should be a
> check in autoconf/automake for this.

You can as well get away without readline, and just use fgets() if
you desire.  You only use the functionality to recall previous input
lines in terminal mode.  Don't know, readline also requires curses
under Unix (and with Cygwin).

> The .y script uses the thread-version of strtok (strtok_r): Is this
> really needed?

Probably not.

> GetOpt: There seems to be some mailing list bashing if the headers could
> be integrated into mingw or not, don't ask me why.

Since only a simple (non-GNUish) getopt is required, you don't need
the GNU stuff here.  Should be simple to use a BSD version if legal
hassles prevent you from using the GNU one together with MinGW.