Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude documentation

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude documentation
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:09:54 +0100

As Brian Dean wrote:

> I'm going to take a look at latex2html and and see if it is
> sufficient to do the job.  What would be really nice would be a
> 'dvi2html', since then it should work no matter how the DVI file was
> created, whether using LaTeX, or lower level TeX, or whatever.

That cannot possibly work.  DVI is meant to be like Postscript, it
completely describes the resulting page, which has already been
completely rendered.  HTML explicitly leaves rendering to the display
utility (i. e., the browser), so the user can e. g. choose the fonts
he likes best to view the result.  Both paradigms are contradictionary.
(You can see the attempts to force HTML into a pre-rendered paradigm
every day on all those crappy websites that "are designed for Internut
Exploder version 42.08/15 on a 952x422 display".)