[avrdude-dev] Performance W2k console vs. batchfile

From: apeter
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Performance W2k console vs. batchfile
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:11:48 +0200 (MEST)

Today I wrote a batchfile to program my at90s8535 in one go:

1. erase the chip
2. write flash
3. write eeprom
4. ready :)

While testing I discovered that the flash programming cycle will take about
2:10.
If I type in the command line from my batchfile directly into the same
console where I run the batchfile in, the programming cycle will speed up to 10s

What's going on here? Why is the programming speed different in batch and in
direct mode?

Any workaround?

Alexander