Fwd: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 and the mega32

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Fwd: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 and the mega32
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:29:31 +0200

Hi all,

accidently I replied to Alexander only.

Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 and the mega32
Date: Friday 18 July 2003 12:05
From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

On Thursday 17 July 2003 08:41, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I switched to a new project with an mega32 I got problems with
> my avr910 programmer.
>
> 1.) I invoke avrdude with avrdude -pm32 -cavr910 -Pcom2 -t to get
> into terminal mode. First error: the device signature is displayed
> as 0x02951e istead of 0x1e9502.

There were some problems with inversed signature bytes in the past
(long, long time ago, before avrdude). These were with bad AVR910
firmware it simply returned the bytes in wrong order.

> 2.) If I try to read or programme lfuse, hfuse or lock I get the
> following error:
> avrdude> dump lock

> error reading lock address 0x00000 of part ATMEGA32
> read operation not supported on memory type "lock"
> avrdude>

avrdude does not support lock and fuse bytes with AVR910. I made a
small patch that hasn't made it through to the release. Look at the
archives (May 16th, 2003)

> 3.) If I try to programme the flash (avrdude -pm32 -cavr910 -Pcom2
> -i file.hex -fi) avrdude displays the wrong signature (0x02951e)
> starts to programm and quits with mismatch errors. The Byte younter

Since when does avrdude check the signature before programming?
Are you sure that your AVR910 supports the mega32?

What firmware do you have on your AVR910?

 Jan-Hinnerk