Re: [avrdude-dev] Perl Illegal Operation Error

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Perl Illegal Operation Error
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:36:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> So I guess I have several questions:
> 1. What is perl being used for?

The autoconf and autmake tools use perl extensively.

> 2. What's the difference between perl and PERL?

On a Unix like system, there's a huge difference since everything is
case sensitive. On windows, I don't know.

> 3. Any idea why the illegal ops?

You will need to give more information. E.g. dumps of the output so we
can see the failure. Most of the developers only use FreeBSD or linux
so we will not be able to duplicate the problem.

I would suggest running the autotools manually and try figuring out
which one is causing the problem. I suspect that your tool chain needs
some tweaking.

Ted Roth