Re: [avrdude-dev] FreeBSD 5.1 & AvrDude 4.2.0 - Help please

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] FreeBSD 5.1 & AvrDude 4.2.0 - Help please
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:44:39 +0200

As Brian Dean wrote:

> There aren't any issues that I'm aware of for FreeBSD 5.1.  Can you
> double check that your serial port probes as sio0?  Can you send me
> your /var/run/dmesg.boot output?

Btw., at least an older version of avrdude works for me on a TP600E.

Obvious question to Randall: are you sure your serial port is
configurd correctly, i. e. did you test it otherwise (e. g. using
cu(1) or kermit(1))?  On the Thinkpad, you can rearrange almost any IO
port assignment (using the ps2.exe tool), so if you make a mistake,
you can easily end up with /dev/cuaa0 being e. g. your infrared link
(or probably even the internal "modem").