[avrdude-dev] Re: avr910 question

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: avr910 question
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:14:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Chris Caudle wrote:

> Ted,
> I noticed from the avrdude archives that you have been involved in getting
> avrdude working with avr910 style programmers.
> I have an old mcu00100 board that I'm using to prototype some code until I get
> my real prototype hardware built, which works fine with Win2k and AvrStudio
> 4, but I can't get avrdude under Linux to see the board (returns
> serial_recv(): programmer is not responding).
> What command line do you typically use to connect to that board?  I've been
> trying avrdude -p 1200 -c avr910 -P /dev/ttyS1 -v -U flash:w:led_test.hex
> without any luck so far.  Is there anything different you have to do to get
> it to connect under Linux?
> I'm running 4.3.0, which I gather from the archives should include all the
> avr910 style support needed to communicate with that programmer.

I don't see anything wrong with your command line.

To be honest, I haven't touched the mcu00100 board in a long time. I
will need to dig it out tonight when I get home and see if I can
duplicate your problem.

In the mean time, you might want to grab the just released 4.4.0 version
of avrdude.

To test the connection, I'd just try doing a simple chip erase. It might
also help to boost the verbosity with "-v -v -v -v".

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9
Jabber ID: address@hidden