[avrdude-dev] Re: STK500v2 patch for avrdude?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: STK500v2 patch for avrdude?
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 10:24:33 -0600

[Moving to list per discussion below]

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

As E. Weddington wrote:

Why can't we just go ahead and write to C99 standards? All platforms
that avrdude builds on use GCC anyways. I always prefer stdint.h
types and // comments myself.

Solaris + Sun Workshop compiler?

Not sure about their C99 status.  We used to have a license for that
compiler but I'm not sure whether it's still available.

Why can't we just specify that avrdude requires GCC (+ GNU as, ld)? It won't build with any of MS's compilers; it requires GCC to build on Windows.

But we should probably discuss all this on the list, no?

Yes, we should.  If so, we might as well convert everything to
<stdint.h> types then (where it makes sense).

Eric