[avrdude-dev] STK500 Firmware version 2.1

From: Tom Harris
Subject: [avrdude-dev] STK500 Firmware version 2.1
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:45:15 +1000

Greetings,

Can someone tell me if avrdude 4.4.0 has been tested with STK500 firmware
version 2.1? I have one, and it fails to communicate with avrdude, so:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

The STK500 talks to AVR Studio just fine, in fact AVR Studio offered to
downgrade the firmware to 2.0. I would have take up it's offer but this STK500
is borrowed.

Avrdude will happily talk with an STK500 running firmware version 1.1.

Regards

Tom Harris

The contents of this email, and any attachments, are strictly private and
confidential. It may contain legally privileged or sensitive information and is
intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Only the
intended recipient may review, reproduce, retransmit, disclose, disseminate or
otherwise use or take action in reliance upon the information contained in this
email and any attachments, with the permission of Australian Arrow Pty. Ltd. If
you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender
immediately and promptly delete the email and attachments, together with any
copies, from all computers. It is your responsibility to scan this
communication and any attached files for computer viruses and other defects and
we recommend that it be subjected to your virus checking procedures prior to
use. Australian Arrow Pty. Ltd. does not accept liability for any loss or
damage of any nature, howsoever caused, which may result directly or indirectly
from this communication or any attached files.