Re: [avrdude-dev] loadpage instruction not defined

From: Neil Davey
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] loadpage instruction not defined
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:36:07 +1000

Hi Barry,
I posted the same problem last week using the stk500v2 and a tiny13, flash would write ok, but could not write eeprom. I wanted to use avrdude over avr studio, and since I was using the stk500 board as just a basic programmer, I ended up building a bsd style par port programmer. This allowed me to write flash and eeprom no problems... so from that I'd say that the problem is stk500v2 specific, possible missing information...

I havn't poked to deeply to find out what the problem is stk500 because I can work around it... might take a closer look when I get a chance..

Regards
Neil Davey

address@hidden wrote:

Hi there

I've just started using avrdude, so I hope this is not a newb issue. I
can't seem to write to the EEPROM and I've tried using different file
formats, but it keeps coming back to the same thing, the error message
below.

stk500v2_paged_write: loadpage instruction not defined for part "ATMEGA88"

Either a file format that works or a fix for the avrdude.conf file
would be appreciated.

Regards
Barry de Bruyn

--------------------------------------