[avrdude-dev] slow communication with usb2serial dongle

From: Marcus Obst
Subject: [avrdude-dev] slow communication with usb2serial dongle
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 22:10:45 +0100

Hello,

I tried to setup a simple serial communication (ponyser) with an atmega32.
Since my laptop has no native serial interface I used an usb2serial
converter (well supported by Linux!).

It worked but it is really really slow... so I should better say it does
NOT work!

>From the docs I read that there are some issues about usb-to-serial
converting, am I right?

Is there any soltution?  What is about PCMCIA extension cards will they
do a better job?

Thanks in advance!

    Best regards from Chemnitz/Germany!
    Marcus Obst