Re: [avrdude-dev] ATmega48 and ATmega168 support

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATmega48 and ATmega168 support
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 20:58:43 +0200

As Hannes Landertshamer wrote:

> Working with avrdude 5.0 and 5.1 (included in WinAVR package) I found out
> that in avrdude.conf:
> * ATmega48 lock bit routines are not defined

There's already a bug tracker entry for this one:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=15751

There's no patch attached, so you could upload the respective snippet
of your config file as a suggested implementation to that bug report
if you want.  (I'm not sure, it's possible that you need to create a
user account before being able to upload files, but you can create it
within a minute.  If they require it, this is mainly an antispam
measure.)

> * ATmega48 efuse routines are incorrect (at least at v5.1 as I remember)

What exactly is incorrect about them?  I see no obvious difference
between your implementation and the original avrdude implementation
(though I meanwhile fixed the implementation to mask off unused bits,
the datasheet is incorrect here as well, it claimed the efuse to have
8 bits where it actually has only 1 bit).

> * ATmega168 support is missing

Strange, it has been added on 2005-11-05:

revision 1.64
date: 2005-11-05 13:02:55 +0000;  author: c_oflynn;  state: Exp;  lines: +7 -1
Added support for stk500v2 for AtMega168

So it has not been in 5.0 but in 5.1.