Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude install on ubuntu

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude install on ubuntu
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 08:51:50 -0600

Mike Gordon wrote:

/bin/sh: texi2dvi: command not found

Can you point me to what I'm doing wrong? I'm new to linux so any info
must be newbi - ized for me to comprehend.

I'm not at all that familiar with Linux, but the above line points out your problem: it cannot find the texi2dvi command (program).

It looks like this is only being used to build the documentation. So you will have to find out where texi2dvi is on your system, and make sure that directory is in your PATH environment variable, OR, if you don't care about building the documentation, then you should be able to use the --disable-doc command line switch in the *configure* step.

--
Eric Weddington