Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR Dragon with OS X Intel Machine

From: James Snyder
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR Dragon with OS X Intel Machine
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:34:36 -0500

That indeed did do it! Seems to be working perfectly now.

Thanks to everyone for the fabulous open source dev tools :-)

Sorry for spamming the dev list, but, at least initially there I thought I might have had a bug.

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As James Snyder wrote:

Now when I try to program through the dragon I get a different
decvice signature each time I try to connect to the AVR ...

Well, that's better than no response at all. ;-)

That smells like running the ISP with a too high speed.  As it is
technically an SPI, you must not clock it with more than F_CPU / 4.
The Dragon's default setting is 1 MHz (IIRC), so is way too high
for the default 1 MHz RC oscillator.

Try running it with -B 10 to make it slower.