[avrdude-dev] [bug #25241] AT90USB162, AT90USB82 device support patch fo

From: anonymous
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #25241] AT90USB162, AT90USB82 device support patch for avrdude-5.5
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 17:06:42 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: Wolfgang Moser
        Originator Email: address@hidden
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello avrdude'rs,

at first I would like to apologize for using the "bug" tracker instead of the
"patches" one since the latter one doesn't allow me to create messages without
registering first.

The following patch heavily relates to support request:

    bug #21745: AT90USBxx2 support

In the need of getting able to (re-) program the bootloader of my
Olimex-AT90USB162 board, I added support for this device into the
avrdude.conf(.in). For that I took the most recent datasheet for the
AT90USB162/82 from 11/2008 (revision 7707E) and the XML files from version
4.16 build 623 of AVR-Studio.

It took a while to get all parameters right, but I managed to verify each and
every parameter _instead_ of just copying over the settings from the other USB
controllers (e.g. AT90USB1287).

The settings for the AT90USB162 controller have been tested with my Olimx
board and they do work fine. I couldn't do any tests for the AT90USB82,
because I don't own such a controller. But since this device is nearly
identical to the '162 and since the datasheet is the same, only two flash size
parameters neded a chance, so it _should_ work fine also.

Womo

File Attachments:

Date: Sa 03 Jan 2009 17:06:40 UTC  Name:
avrdude_conf_55_support_usb162_usb82.diff  Size: 17kB   By: None
Patch to add support for AT90USB162 and AT90USB82 to avrdude.conf.in
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=17206>

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?25241>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/