[avrdude-dev] [patch #6828] Using arbitrary BAUD rates

From: Gerard
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #6828] Using arbitrary BAUD rates
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:17:56 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

When trying to use a non-standard BAUD rate (195313 in my case), avrdude
comes up with this and then stops;

avrdude: serial_baud_lookup(): unknown baud rate: 195313

After patching the source to bypass that error and just return the rate, it
turns out that arbitrary BAUD rates work fine with my setup and programmer and
there seems to be no need for this to fail.

Joerg Wunsch pointed out that arbitrary rates may not work with every driver.
The attached patch makes it so that avrdude first searches the default BAUD
rates and returns the associated constants. If it is not a default rate, then
it issues a warning and returns the non-standard rate.

I've compiled and tested this on Windows and it works. I've compiled it on
Linux (which works), but cannot test it there.

File Attachments:

Date: Wed 13 May 2009 09:17:54 GMT  Name: odd_baud_rate.diff  Size: 1kB   By:
fahr

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=18132>