[avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE 5.8

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE 5.8
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 01:05:05 +0200

I'm just releasing AVRDUDE version 5.8.

Sorry for the inflationary version bump.  Right after releasing 5.7, a
friend of mine notified me of a serious memory corruption for the AVR
Dragon (essentially same for the JTAG ICE mkII) running in ISP or
high-voltage programming mode.  This was related to an improper setup
of the private (per-programmer) data in that situation, as there are
actually two programmers chained here, both using private data in the
PGM structure.

The memory corruption usually resulted in an immediate crash whenever
one of these programming attempts was started, thus I think it
qualifies as serious enough to warrant a new release.

While being here, I fixed another couple of bugs before rolling a new
release.