[avrdude-dev] [patch #7062] avrftdi - FTDI FT2232 based ISP programmer

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7062] avrftdi - FTDI FT2232 based ISP programmer
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:38:10 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi all,

I have removed a lot of bugs and used avrftdi now for 2 years. I have
"ported" it to avrdude-5.9 and would like to release a patch. Avrftdi depends
on libusb/libftdi and gives you a new programmer called "avrftdi". You can use
any FTDI FT2232D based USB-Dongle (e.g. Olimex ARM-USB-OCD and Amontec
JTAGkey, as already mentioned) to ISP AVR-devices. I tested Atmega8, 16, 32,
Attiny2313 and 13 under OS X 10.5 and 2.6.xx linux.
For USB-configuration i use patch #6199 ("Configurable USB VID, PID,
manufacturer string and product string via avrdude.conf") so there are no
hardcoded VIDs and PIDs anymore!
The FTDI I/O-lines are freely programmable for status-LEDs/buffer
drivers/..., this includes also signal inversion (switching between
active-high and active-low) via avrdude.conf.
Firmwareupload is also pretty fast, since this chip can be as fast as 3Mbaud,
however you can set the speed with the baudrate switch.

However, there are a few drawbacks:
* this programmer is not capable of HV-serial programming
* this programmer can not generate an external clock signal for the device

Please send comments, improvements and suggestions to address@hidden , as
i'd really like to see this merged into avrdude.

File Attachments:

Date: Sa 16 Jan 2010 14:38:09 GMT  Name: avrftdi.patch  Size: 24kB   By:
hweisbach

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=19498>