Re: [avrdude-dev] Adding support for new programmer...

From: Stanislav Likavcan
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Adding support for new programmer...
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:35:29 +0100

Hi Rob,

I have been using patched AVRDUDE with original UM232R module for
almost two years with no issues (on Mac OS, Linux and Windows).
However the patched code links to closed source verdor drivers which
needs to be installed on your system
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6886

HTH,