[avrdude-dev] Contributing Teensy protocol to AVRDUDE?

From: Paul Stoffregen
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Contributing Teensy protocol to AVRDUDE?
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:45:16 -0700

I've been making a little AVR board called Teensy, which uses a custom protocol. It's currently only supported by custom tools I've published, including an open source version available here:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader_cli.html

I'd like to explore the possibility of contributing this code to AVRDUDE. It's been tested on Linux, Mac OS-X 10.5 & 10.6, Windows XP, Vista & 7, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD. On each system, it uses native APIs, or libusb on Linux and FreeBSD.

So a couple questions...

1: Would this be a welcome contribution to AVRDUDE?

2: How would I go about contributing the code?

Thanks,

-Paul