Re: [avrdude-dev] Reset function for arduino

From: uracolix
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Reset function for arduino
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:13:26 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 25. August 2010 07:37:33 schrieb Joerg Wunsch:
>> For one trial after plugin I'm able to programm the target, for
>> the next trial, the handshake lines seems to be left in a wrong state.
> Would the suggested patch fix your issue as well?

I tested it the following way:

  - using avrdude 5.8. the previously described issue exists.
  - using avrdude 5.10svn the issue disapaeread.
  - avrdude 5.10svn + Josefs Patch the issue stays away.

This was tested on SuSE 11.0, 2.6.25.5-1.1-pae, both on
command line (-carduino) and within the arduino gui,
with "stk500v1" replaced by "arduino" in boards.txt.

So after the upgrade to the latest avrdude everything is
fine for me with and without Josefs Patch.

Regards, Axel

PS: With avrdude 5.9 on centos 4.? there is also no such issue.