[avrdude-dev] Patch: search for usb serial number (usbasp)

From: Alexander Neumann
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Patch: search for usb serial number (usbasp)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 02:52:33 +0200

Hi,

Recently I tried using several usbasp compatible programmers (running my
reimplemantation of the usbasp protocol[1]) at the same time, unfortunately
it is impossible to tell avrdude which one to use (it will just the first it
discovers, and I ended up using a usbasp programmer and my old avrisp2. *brr*).

So I added a unique usb serial number to all of my programmer devices and
patched avrdude so that if the port (-P) is given in the format usb:serialno
(like in the stk500v2 module), only devices with (prefix-) matching serial
numbers are considered.

It would be great if you could either integrate my patch into avrdude or
tell me why the patch is rejected (so I can amend).

Cheers,
- Alexander

[1] http://github.com/fd0/kahuna