[avrdude-dev] [patch #7635] Fix avrftdi.c/h Random lockup/moved globals

From: Doug S
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7635] Fix avrftdi.c/h Random lockup/moved globals to private data against 5.11.1
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 04:23:54 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I found a strange lockup with avrftdi on writes - verifys and reads work with
no problem.  I had a hardware change (new mother board) so I thought at first
that was it, but it happens on at least two different computers.

At random places while writting, it will lock up and loop forever.

strace gives this (forever, AFAIK):

ioctl(3, USBDEVFS_REAPURBNDELAY, 0x7fff2a91b1e8) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource
temporarily unavailable)

Removing the purge buffers seems to fix the problem. I'm not sure what all
ramifications the purge has, since I didn't bother to delve into the ftdi
code, but I found one other example, and I noticed they had found this problem
and removed the purge call as well.

This patch also moves the globals to a private structure, as per Joerg's last
request to do so.

File Attachments:

Date: Sun 16 Oct 2011 04:23:53 AM GMT  Name:
avrdude-fixlock-privatedata-5.11.1.patch  Size: 19kB   By: rickyrockrat

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=24156>

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7635>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/