Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7686] Updating buspirate ascii mode to current

From: Tim Vaughan
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7686] Updating buspirate ascii mode to current firmware, use AUX as clock generator, and setting of serial receive timeout
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:53:39 +1100

Hi guys; sorry to interrupt, but this seems similar to a patch I
submitted some months ago (patch #7437) which deprecated the ASCII
mode in favor of the faster binary transfer mode - which is much
faster and has been supported by the BP firmware for a very long time.
 It also makes use of the bulk SPI transfer command if it is available
(which it is in the 5.10 firmware) to implement a paged write mode
which yields a 4x speedup to writes to AVR flash memories.

I think the patch was assigned to someone, but I didn't hear any
feedback so I'm wondering whether it's been forgotten about..?  It'd
be a shame if we Rene and I were duplicating our efforts.

All the best, and thanks again for avrdude!

Tim