[avrdude-dev] [patch #7720] Bug in EEPROM write

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7720] Bug in EEPROM write
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 15:35:18 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

This bug is like the flash page write for which I posted a patch a few days
ago.
EEPROM programming has the same issue and I attached a patch.

I have a general question to page programming. Do get the pgm->paged_write and
pgm->paged_load functions get called for every page? I was somehow under the
impression, the page write and read function are just called once and read or
write the entire memory. Or was this behaviour changed? If so, and the paged_*
functions get called for every page the avrftdi flash write and read functions
can be significantly simplified.

What is the reason to pass page_size as own parameter? How it is different
from AVRMEM->page_size?

Anyway, patch for the wrong initialisation in EEPROM programming against SVN
rev 1065 is attached.

File Attachments:

Date: So 05 Feb 2012 15:35:17 GMT  Name: avrftdi_eeprom_write.patch  Size:
390B   By: hweisbach