[avrdude-dev] [bug #35474] Feature request: print fuse values in safemod

From: Roger Wolff
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #35474] Feature request: print fuse values in safemode output.
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 23:20:09 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #35474 (project avrdude):

So, the issue is:

If your programming setup has bad signal integrity, safemode will prevent you
from accidentally setting the wrong fuses.

This has nothing to do with "bitbang" programmers, but with signal strength
and cable length.

Just like program-then-verify I think this is a good default to have. Check
that everything has gone OK. Then somewhere deep in the manual, you mention:
"When you have confidence in your programmer, target and their
interconnection, you may chose to disable safemode with the -XXX option".

(I've verified hundreds of programming sessions before I decided: My
programmer, AVR and their interconnect are reliable enough to program
correctly every time, I'll skip the verify step).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?35474>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/