[avrdude-dev] [patch #7723] Bus Pirate “ra w-wire” mode which can run do

From: Martin Panter
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7723] Bus Pirate “ra w-wire” mode which can run down to 5 kHz
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 01:36:53 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

This is an updated version of the patch I posted at

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2012-01/msg00084.html

I made original the patch to allow me to program an AT Tiny 2313 after setting
its fuse bits to use the slower (100 kHz?) oscillator. The normal Bus Pirate
SPI mode only goes down to 30 kHz which isn’t quite slow enough, but my Bus
Pirate has another mode which also seems to do SPI and can run at 5 kHz.

I originally added a parameter allowing the desired SPI frequency to be
specified in kilohertz (kHz), and the best matching available frequency would
be chosen. I now realise this was slightly flawed because different Bus Pirate
firmware versions have different frequencies available, and according to Patch
#7437 it’s too hard to check the firmware version. So instead I added a
“rawfreq” parameter similar to the existing “spifreq” parameter.

I updated the documentation. I’m not really familiar with either the man
page or Texinfo markups but my changes should be pretty reasonable. Also, I
used a few C99 features that GCC allows in its default “gnu90” dialect;
I’m not sure if this is a problem or not.

There is also an uncontroversial patch that should probably be applied first
to clean up some wording and dead code.

File Attachments:

Date: Tue 14 Feb 2012 01:36:51 AM GMT  Name:
0002-Use-Bus-Pirate-raw-wire-mode-which-can-run-down-to-5.patch  Size: 9kB
By: vadmium

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=25060>
Date: Tue 14 Feb 2012 01:36:51 AM GMT  Name:
0001-Clean-up-documentation-and-dead-code-after-recent-ch.patch  Size: 2kB
By: vadmium

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=25061>

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7723>

  Message sent via/by Savannah