[avrdude-dev] BusPirate Patch for 5.11

From: dw . avrdude-list
Subject: [avrdude-dev] BusPirate Patch for 5.11
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 09:22:13 +0930

Hi all,

First post to this list, so my apologies if I've broken etiquette by
posting like this.  I'm the author of a patch to the BusPirate which gives
it a new mode to verify the flash on an AVR at a much higher speed.  This
patch has been incorporated into the 6.0 firmware for the BusPirate, but
the component that is required in AVRDUDE to make it work is not included
in the official AVRDUDE release.  As such, I'd like to make you aware of it.

The original article I wrote about the patch (and all related information)
can be found here:
http://coding.zencoffee.org/2011/08/bus-pirate-40x-verify-speed-increase.html

The original forum thread posted on Dangerous Prototypes regarding this
patch can be found here:
http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2629

The patch file for AVRDUDE, which is confirmed to work with 5.11 (and can
most likely be applied to other versions) can be found here:
http://zencoding-blog.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/buspirate/avrdude-5.11-buspirate.patch

Thanks for reading!

James Young.