Re: [avrdude-dev] Updated patch for Linux sysfs GPIO programmer type

From: Radoslav Kolev
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Updated patch for Linux sysfs GPIO programmer type
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 23:38:46 +0200

Hi René, and thanks for the feedback!

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM, René Liebscher <address@hidden> wrote:
> In linuxgpio_export/unexport/dir/openfd you should use PIN_MASK.

I'm attaching a revised version where I mask the inverse bit before
using the pin number as parameter to the above functions. I haven't
tested this yet as I don't have the hardware with me right now, but
please have a quick glance and let me know if you see some other
obvious issue.

> I do not like the idea to have the "linuxgpio" entry in avrdude.conf. Almost
> everyone who wants to use linuxgpio will probably have another configuration
> of pins. I think it would be better to put a general template in the
> documentation (or maybe also as comment in avrdude.conf).

You're right. In the updated patch version attached I have used your
suggestion to comment out the entry in the default config file but
changed the wording a bit.

> If there is a special widely used combination of an embedded board with an
> avr connected, then one could add for it a specific entry to avrdude.conf.

For the moment I don't see such popular configuration to include.

Best regards,
Rado